A cat can’t climb head first down a tree because every claw on a cat’s paw points the same way. To get down from a tree, a cat must back down. Here are some tips on what to do if your cat is stuck in a tree.
1. Don’t force your cat to jump! They might get hurt if its too high up, or if you poke them.
2. Remove any threats from the area. Why did the cat get into the tree in the first place? Was there a naughty little child taunting or hurting the cat?
3. Be patient! Your cat might just be up there enjoying themselves.
4. Try and induce your cat to come down by themselves, a few tasty treats or some catnip should do the trick!
5. Grab a ladder if they are really stuck. Make sure someone is there to help you by holding the bottom of the ladder. Its easy to hold a bucket on your arm while you’re climbing and its much safer to put the cat in the bucket than try to juggle them under your arm.
6. If its way too high and your cat is really stuck, some tree-lopping companies offer servies for your feline friends. Have a quick scout around on google. Don’t annoy the Fire Brigade for your cat unless the tree is on fire! Our emergency service are out helping real people with really bad accidents!
Image via Pakcu.