1. Rocco & Roxie
CHECK THE PRICE NOW
CHECK THE PRICE NOW
3. Nature’s Miracle
CHECK THE PRICE NOW
Cats are one of the most loved pets, but when it comes to clearing off their feces and urine, it can be troublesome. The problem becomes graver when they urinate outside the litter box. When it comes to cleaning up after our feline friends have urinated, you need to have the best enzyme cleaner for cat urine.
You should also be fully aware of some of the main reasons why most felines are peeing outside of their litter box and some of the medical conditions that can cause it.
The smell of cat’s urine from the carpet or bed or the furniture can be embarrassing, but using the right product, you can easily mask this smell. If you don’t know what makes best cat urine smell remover and how to choose it, then you might make the wrong decision.
This buying guide will help you in finding the best product in the market of cat accessories.SHOW ME THE TOP 16 ENZYME CLEANER FOR CAT URINE NOW
Factors To Look For When Buying The Best Enzyme Cleaner For Cat Urine
If you are planning to buy the best cat urine remover, then you would need to know about the factors that one needs to take into consideration before making a purchase. Some of the main ones include:
The right kind of scent is important while you are looking for the best enzymatic cleaner for cat urine. Think about what fragrance you would want if you are going to go for one.
2. Ease Of Use
The ease of use of enzymatic cleaner is also an important factor that you would need to think about. Enzymatic cleaners stay behind and keep on working until the smell goes off.
There are three popular types of enzymatic cleaners like amylase, lipase and protease.
You also need to consider the guarantee that the company is going to give you and if they will refund the money if the product doesn’t work. It is important, so make sure to look at this since you don’t want to waste your money.
Ensure that you are checking the bottle for the information regarding the contents and the ingredients. Think about the ingredients of the same and it should be non-toxic for all of your guests, pets, children and yourself.
6. Recommendations and Reviews
Before making a purchase, don’t miss to check the reviews and ratings of the product before making a purchase. It will give a better insight into the kind of product and its effectiveness.
7. Customer Service
Another factor that you must use when picking the best cleaner for cat urine is the customer service of the company. Think about how they responded to negative feedback and if they solved the problems or how easy it was to get the refund.
These are all factors that you are going to need to consider during the process when you are trying to decide which product to purchase. It might not be an easy decision, but with this buying guide, we bring you 16 popular cat urine cleaners that would be perfect for your requirement.
8. Reasons That Cats Pee Outside The Litter Box
It is a common habit amongst cats that they would pee outside the box. There could be various reasons behind the same. Some of the probable reasons why your cat would be doing it because:
- Medical issues
- Unclean litter box
- Litter box smaller than the size of the cat
- Multiple pets in the house
While for the other issues like hard to reach litter boxes, improper fillers etc., you can replace them with a new one, but if your cat is facing medical issues, then you would need to have the best cat urine remover so that you can get rid of the intense smell that would increase over time after it is located.
9. Medical Reasons That Can Cause Urinary Issues In Cats
You would also need to be aware of some of the various medical issues that could be causing frequent urination of your cat. If you find that your feline is not hitting the litter box as much as they used to, but are using the areas outside of it, then you should take them to a veterinarian immediately. It is because there might be some serious medical issues that can cause this, such as:
- Bladder stones – Some felines can get bladder stones, which can cause blockage and irritation. This would cause them not be able to wait to hold in their urine, and they would pee wherever they are.
- Idiopathic cystitis – In simple words it is the bladder inflammation and this could be seen easily if there is blood in some of the urine. However, it might not be seen since it could be microscopic and your veterinarian would need to diagnosis this.
- UTI – Just like human, felines can get urinary tract infections, and this would cause them severe irritation. This might be seen in older felines more often than in younger ones, but you should make sure that you are taking them to see the veterinarian either way.
- Metabolic diseases – There are also other metabolic diseases that can affect a feline, and that would affect their urinary system as well. These include thyroid issues, diabetes, liver and kidney diseases and much more. It would increase the levels of urine that the feline is producing, which would cause them to urinate more.
10. When To Take Your Feline To The Veterinarian For Urination Problems
You might think that just having the best enzyme cleaner for cat urine on hand can solve the problem it might not. You are going to need to know when you are going to want to take your feline to the veterinarian, especially if they are starting to urinate more frequently than normal. Here are some of the signs for when you are going to need to take them to the doctor, such as:
- Frequent urination in areas that aren’t the litter box
- Frequent urinating than earlier
- If they are in pain
- If they don’t rush to the litter box, but rather relieve themselves wherever they are
- Odd behavior in terms of their litter box usage
These are all signs that you are going to need to ensure that they are taken to the veterinarian. This is because there might be some issues that are underlying that you won’t be able to see and that the best cat pee cleaner won’t be able to solve.
If you think that there is something wrong with your feline, then make sure to take them to the veterinarian for some help.
11. Why Cat Pee Smells?
One of the major questions that everyone might have is exactly what makes the pee smell much worse than anything else. Well, the only reason behind this is that a cat’s urine is often left unnoticed.
Since it can’t be noticed right away, you can’t use the best enzymatic cleaner for cat urine right away, and you would only notice it when the smell starts to become stronger.
There are a few steps that would cause the smell to worsen, and you should be aware of what they are, such as:
1. Decomposition takes place first, which means that all of the bacteria is breaking down, which starts to emit an ammonia smell
2. This decomposition would start to get rid of the mercaptans, which is the compound that makes the smell of skunk spray extremely bad
There are times when the feline can’t get to the litter box in time and other times; it might have to do with the fact that they are getting older.
Also, the smell that emanates becomes even worse due to various hormones that are part of the urine, especially in the male felines that haven’t been neutered and would like to let the females know they are around.
12. Why Do Cats Spray?
One of the usual behavior observed in cats or other feline pets is the habit of spraying. In this case your are going to need the best enzyme cleaner for cat urine.
There are going to be plenty of times when they would simply spray some of their urine on any vertical surface that might be around the home, including furniture, carpet and even the floors.
This is because the males would be marking what they consider their territory to let other felines know to avoid this area.
However, there are a few more issues about this that you need to be aware of such as:
- Medical conditions
13. Benefits Of Using Cat Urine Remover
There are plenty of benefits that you can get when you use the best cat urine remover for carpet, and you need to ensure that you know what they are. Some of the main advantages include the following:
- Light scent in the product to help cover up the scent while it works
- Non-toxic and safe to use around your family and even your pets
- Works on various surfaces all over the house with a single product
- Not only helps in getting rid of the smell in your home, but also the stain and the bacteria causing the smell
- Most of the products are easy to use and don’t require extra steps
- Easy to order and purchase online or even in various stores
If you are willing to purchase the best enzyme cleaner for cat urine, then the above-mentioned products can be a great choice for you. However, its always good to check the reviews and ratings of the products for complete assurance.
You might not think that a feline would have to deal with these types of problems, but they do, so ensure that you not only have the best cat pee cleaner but that you are also trying to solve it. Once you solve why this is happening, then you are going to have fewer chances of having to deal with this issue.
Top 16 Best Enzyme Cleaner For Cat Urine For 2020
1. Rocco & Roxie – Enzyme-Powered Pet Odor & Stain Remover
This cat urine enzyme cleaner by Rocco & Roxie Supply Co is certified as safe to be used as it is both chlorine-free and color-safe as well as has natural enzymatic bacteria. You can use it safely on your carpets, floors and furniture.
In fact, it comes with a Seal of Approval by the trusted Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI). It works wonders on cat urine stains and odors. So from pet urine to feces and even vomit stains and spills can be handled effectively with this stain eliminator formula.
You can now keep your carpets, furniture, kennel, litter bowl and even clothing perfectly clean. The company even promises money-back if not satisfied. Most of the pet owners have found this product miraculously effective and is a good purchase under $50.CHECK THE CHEAPEST PRICE ON AMAZON!
2. Bubbas Strong Commercial Cleaner
If you are looking for an assured odor eliminator, then this is the best cat urine odor eliminator by BUBBAS. It has been certified by the Carpet & Rug Institute or CRI as one of the tops in the industry.
It is a professional grade cleaner, and it uses the natural bacteria that is dormant to clean the area, including carpets, area rugs and even the flooring. People who have purchased this product have found it to be better than the majority of the other options available.
This enzymatic cleaner is useful for removing stains, organic spills, drink stains etc. and is one of the best choices when it comes to urine odor remover.CHECK THE CHEAPEST PRICE ON AMAZON!
3. Light Scented Urine Destroyer for Cats by Nature’s Miracle
The light scented urine destroyer for cats uses a targeted enzymatic formula just for urine, and it is extremely tough on all of the odors.
It is one of the most recognized cleaners for it can help in getting rid of sticky residues and yellow stains and it is great for use on furniture, clothing, hard flooring, carpeting and much more.
The cleaner is useful for removing stains like urine, feces, vomit etc. When you use this product as directed, then it is very safe around pets and even children and, this brand has been running for 35 years.CHECK THE CHEAPEST PRICE ON AMAZON!
4. Advanced Natural Enzyme Remover by TriNova
If you are looking for a natural cleaner, then you can lay your bet on TriNova natural enzyme remover. Made from natural ingredients, it is the best cleaner for cat . It also uses a combination of the natural enzymes that are working hard to break the stains down and gets rid of the scents quickly.
This mild yet effective cleaner is suitable for use on floors, and upholstery. After use, it leaves behind a mint fresh smell.
This would be great to be used around children since you won’t have any chemicals that are being used. The company also offers a 100% guarantee that if the product doesn’t work, then they will give you all of your money back.
Owing to its effectiveness, and natural ingredients, the product has got great reviews and is the best purchase under $50.CHECK THE CHEAPEST PRICE ON AMAZON!
5. Anti-Icky Poo Odor Remover from Mister Max
This is one of the best cat odor removers which comes with environment-friendly formula. It completely removes the scent from humans, rodents, skunks, cats and dogs. It also works on vomit as well as urine and any organic bacteria will be removed using live bacteria and friendly microbes.
It would work on all types of surfaces that you would want to clean, including toilets, flooring and much more. Greatly appreciated for its effectiveness, this product is a good purchase for those who are looking for the best enzyme cleaner.CHECK THE CHEAPEST PRICE ON AMAZON!
6. Emmy’s Powerful Pet Odor Remover
This is the best cat pee cleaner is a triple-action one that erases the stains, neutralizes the smells and eliminates the repeated urination that is caused by excessive pheromones. The innovative enzymes in the product start to work right when you use it.
It completely eats up the smell from the bacteria that can be caused by vomit, feces and even urine from all animals. There is also a 100% guarantee that is being offered by the company and those who have older animals swear by this product after accidents.CHECK THE CHEAPEST PRICE ON AMAZON!
7. Black Diamond Enzyme Remover
No matter how old the scent is that you have the Black Diamond enzyme remover can help you, and it works on all urine no matter how long ago it happened. This formulaic remover is safe for your children, pets and even the environment, and this can be used for a huge array of uses.
Not only can you use it to get rid of smells, but also for freshening up small spaces like a camper, automobiles and even pet-related spaces like hamster cages and travel crates. The products come with a guarantee of being effective as a cleaner.CHECK THE CHEAPEST PRICE ON AMAZON!
8. Zorbx Unscented Multipurpose Odor Cleaner
This is the best cat urine odor eliminator that is hypoallergenic and unscented. Thus making it a perfect choice for those with respiratory issues, allergies and even asthma. This can be used for various purposes, including for getting rid of old scents as well as working on chemical odors, medical smells and those from animals.
This brand is from Cleveland, Ohio and is used in some of the top hospitals all over the world. If you are looking for an instant working cleaner, then this the one for you.CHECK THE CHEAPEST PRICE ON AMAZON!
9. Pina Colada scented Flo-Kem Odor Eliminator
If you are dealing with heavy and very old odors, then this is the best cat pee cleaner to use. It has a pina colada fragrance. They use a special formula for the enzymes that work well on garbage containers, drains and sinks as well as the pet smells that are set in the carpet.
It also works well on the smoke smells that could be related to smoking or even a fire and everyone who has purchased it has loved it and found it highly effective.CHECK THE CHEAPEST PRICE ON AMAZON!
10. Industrial Strength Pet Stain & Odor Remover from Aubrey & Alex
If you are looking for a safe option when it comes to stain remover, then this is the safe bet for you. It is the best cat urine enzyme cleaner, and it safely and effectively gets rid of all of the smells that are associated with urination from pets.
The formula is all natural, and it is non–toxic, yet strong enough to get rid of all of the strongest scents. You can use it on a wide variety of surfaces all over your home, including laminated flooring, tiles and even cement.
Known for its effectiveness, it has become one of the best-rated products to get rid of unwanted scents.CHECK THE CHEAPEST PRICE ON AMAZON!
11. Lemon Nilodor Urine Digester
Nobody wants the smell of the urine of cat occupying the entire house, well, in that case having this lemon fragranced product will help you in getting rid of this smell and stain. It can be used on all types of surfaces rugs and even on hard surfaces and even on the toilets and urinals.
It works hard to digest as well as eliminate all of the bacteria created by the urine, and you should ensure you know the dilution ration for the surface you are using. This is extremely concentrated but works well according to those who have purchased the product.CHECK THE CHEAPEST PRICE ON AMAZON!
12. Liquid Alive Odor Digester
The reason it is the popular cat urine odor eliminator is that it works by eliminating the odors that are created by bacteria that grow after pets urinate in an open space. You can use it on different kind of surfaces like carpets, rugs, cement areas and even any type of flooring.
You need to ensure that you are using it with the right dilution ratio and those who have used it are extremely happy with the final output.CHECK THE CHEAPEST PRICE ON AMAZON!
13. Concentrated Removeurine Enzyme Urine Digester
If you are looking for quick action when it comes to urine smell remover, then you need to go ahead with this concentrated urine remover formula. It is the best cat urine enzyme cleaner, and it is ranked at #1 when it comes to enzyme powered digesters.
The formula contains a lot more enzymes than other products, and it gives you a solution to the odors, and it can help to prevent more accidents in the future. It works on residue from protein fires and scents associated with vomit, urine, organic rot, mildew and even mold.
This is a popular brand, and everyone who uses it loves it and recommends it to their family and friends.CHECK THE CHEAPEST PRICE ON AMAZON!
14. Lemon-scented Big D Industries Enzyme Liquid Deodorant
It is biodegradable product digests all organic waste and destroys the odors that are associated with it and works hard to get rid of the organic salts that create this.
It has specially bred bacteria spores which works on the uric acid molecule and removes the smell, making it one of the most sought after product for stain and urine smell remover.CHECK THE CHEAPEST PRICE ON AMAZON!
15. ByeBye Odor Eliminator
It is a non-toxic and allergy-friendly and is the best cat pee cleaner that not only gets rid of the horrible smell but also the bacteria in the air. It is going to be safe for medical patients, children, cats and dogs since it is free of chemicals and latex, and it is often used in medical facilities and nursing homes.
Besides, this formula is effective in freshening up the mattresses, upholstery, carpet, couches etc. This is good for getting rid of the strong and long-lasting smells according to those who have purchased it and is the best buy.CHECK THE CHEAPEST PRICE ON AMAZON!
16. Absolutely Clean Litter Box Cleaner
If you are willing to buy the best cat urine remover for carpet, then you can consider this option. It is made of plant-based surfactants, which means that it is natural and non-toxic. It is great for using with small children and pets since it can handle plenty of tasks, such as removing the stains and smells that are associated with urination.
You can also use it for a litter box. It keeps the litter box fresh as well as clean, which means that you save money and the ingredients are biodegradable and those who have used it love the end results.CHECK THE CHEAPEST PRICE ON AMAZON!
How To Prevent Cats From Peeing Outside Of The Litter Box
Though buying the best cat urine odor remover will help you get rid of the smell, but its important that you must prevent the cat from peeing outside the litter box.
You should think about this beforehand so that you can be prepared when you have a feline, especially one that is older in age than others. Here are some of the main tips that you use to help them to urinate in their litter box and not in other areas, such as:
- By creating a desirable and clean space around the litter box, including choosing a larger box and leave it uncovered. Leaving it uncovered is going to help a fluffy or larger feline not feel like they are included in space.
- Place the litter boxes in areas of your home that are accessible and quiet and make sure they aren’t in the same space where they drink or eat. Consider putting something around the litter box to create a bit more privacy for the feline.
- Ensure that on every level of your home that a litter box is available for your beloved feline
- If your feline is an older one with various ailments, then you need to give them something that they can get into easily. Think about getting one that is shallow or even giving them a ramp to use to access the box.
- Find the right litter that your feline likes, which should be scoopable and preferably unscented
- Veterinarian recommendations, which say that each feline should have their own litter box and that you should have an extra one just in case. This is because there are some felines who are extremely picky and might not like to urinate and defecate in the same one.
- Ensure that the spaces where the litter boxes are kept don’t have doors and if it does that these doors are kept open at all times of the day
- Giving them the right diet and plenty of healthy food along with water to keep them active
Once you have considered all of these pointers, then you can start the process of helping your feline to go to the bathroom in the right spot. Ensure that you are clearly showing them where these are and that they are in areas that they can easily access. Don’t shut the doors on areas that would have the litter boxes since it can cause unnecessary problems for your feline.
You should make sure that if you are experiencing your feline urinating all over the home more often than they used to, especially when they are older, that you are getting them tested. These can be chronic diseases that are extremely common, and you would need to seek appropriate treatment from your veterinarian, which could be in the form of medication and antibiotics.
One should always be aware that there are medical issues that can cause this, and if you aren’t aware of what they are, then you might think it is just bad behavior.
However, felines are just like humans, and they sometimes suffer from pain, irritation and medical issues that would cause this. If this is the case, then make sure that you have the best cleaner for cat urine handy and that you are taking care of your pet.
Tips For Helping Older Felines With Litter Boxes
Well, the medical conditions are uncontrollable, but there can be incidences where felines may show irritable behavior or other problems. As a cat owner, you must analyze their behavior and try to help them develop the habit of using the litter box.
Well, having the best enzyme cleaner for cat urine is good, but making them learn about the litter box and using it will be a savior. There are plenty of ways to assist them when it comes to urination in their litter box, such as:
- Visiting your veterinarian if you see that they are having urination problems since they can help to figure out if there is an underlying medical cause
- Avoiding too much change, especially in the location of the litter box, the litter that you are using and even how often you are changing the litter
- Ensure that it is kept clean, which means getting rid of the urine and the litter that has clumped along with any feces that are there
- Keep the litter box accessible for them, which means keeping it down low or having an easier and lower one so that they can access it without problems
- Take your feline to the litter box as required, especially those that have a vision or even hearing loss to make sure they are going to the bathroom in the right spot
You would always want to make sure that you are taking good care of your feline while they are getting older. If you understand this, then you can start to see what problems they are facing and how you can address those issues.
Felines age just like us, which means they are going to need help and even some special attention and help in various areas of their life.
Best Enzyme Cleaner For Cat Urine – Final Thoughts
If you are going to keep a pet, the there are certain things that you would need to consider when it comes to having pets, and one of those is how to deal with urine smells. There are numerous products that you would be able to use that are some of the best cleaners for cat urine options.
However, you would also need to make sure that they are using the litter box and how to help them. There are plenty of medical issues, including age that would prevent your feline from getting to the litter box on time.
However, if you know about them, then you can help your pet to use this space rather than your entire home for their bathroom. These are just a few of the best cat odor eliminator products that you can use thinking about which one is going to be the right one for your needs.